Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie & Julia



I went to see Julie & Julia, and I have been searching for the right words to describe it. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was marvelous or fantastic, but it was indeed a good movie. It was whitty and charming, and had the entire audiance in quite good spirits. The croud was an older one; more towards my mothers age than my own, and while I didn't laugh quite as hard as most, I did find all of the same parts funny.

Afterwards, I mentioned that I loved her appartment, to which my mother responded "The one in Paris?" To which I responded, "No, the one in Queens." That got a lot of laughs. But I was serious! It had a really great old feel with a lot of wood, and a lot of open spaces.

Of course they had to use Meryl Streep as Julia, how could anyone else possible fit the role so perfectly? Although, there was definately something odd about seeing her once again with Stanley Tucci; from cold boss and very gay underling, to kinnd woman whom everyone loves and adoring husband was a big transition.

No comments: