Friday, June 26, 2009

Tee Time


I often open my wardrobe to a huge pile of t-shirts and wonder how I have accumulated so many. There are so numerous other styles to chose from; blouses, button downs (I do have a fair amount of those to, I must admit), tank tops, etc. etc. But with such amazing options, how can I resist?

Above is the most recent Tee from T-Post, a Swedish company that prints a new T every six weeks featuring a picture relating to a news story, with said story printed inside the American Apparel T. The only downside is that you can't pick and chose, so at about thirty-seven dollars a pop, they're a bit pricey. When asked if returns are accepted, the way they put it is "Uh, no. Once you get a subscription it's yours. It's just like if you had a subscription to National Geographic: you can't send back an issue just because you're not interested in learning about the tribes of the Serengeti."

They make a valid point, however, National Geographic isn't at the same price point, nor do you have to wear it if you're not a fan of the photographs. Looking through the gallery of former issues, I like about half, which would make every one I did like double in price; about seventy-four dollars. In Sweden, T-Post costs about half of your average t-shirt, but unfortunately, the price is lost in translation.

And since part of the charm of T-Post is their uniqueness, there are no back issues. They print exactly the number ordered. So take a look at the gallery, and if a good percentage of them appeal to you, go for it! I am still undecided.


No comments: