Monday, September 7, 2009

Paper Heart


On Friday I went to see Paper Heart. It was very off-beat and quirky. It was a bit slow for me, but I enjoyed it. I especially love how Yi illustrates some scenes with puppetry. She uses it sparingly, and in the most brilliantly placed moments.

The film is supposed to be a mocumentary slash documentary. I'm not quite sure that works, and I can't quite tell which is which...

"Combining elements of documentary and traditional storytelling, reality and fantasy, PAPER HEART brings a fresh perspective to the modern romance and redefines the classic love story."

It was definately a weird movie, but I liked it none the less, and recommend you see it. I went to see it at The Capitol Theater on Mass Ave. in Arlington. I havn't been to a movie there in a while, but I will be doing so more often from now on. Their matinees are $5 until 6pm, and regular tickets are $7. They also tend to have odd movies (they were the only ones showing Paper Heart), as well as keep movies longer than most other theaters.

No comments: