Saturday, July 4, 2009

Any Sun

Two sunny days in a row! I decided to take a walk around my neighborhood this morning to celebrate the fantastic weather, and came across a yard sale. Cleverly concealed between a basket and a tin, I found an old Polaroid camera! I have been looking for a new one ever since I took mine to school and had it stolen. I snatched up that little sucker as fast as I could and paid $2. It even had two pictures left in it!

I spent a lovely day doing all of the errands that have needed to be done for quite some time, which didn't give me much photo opportunity. However, around sunset I ventured out and found myself in front of this old abandoned house in my neighborhood. Looking up at its crickety old mystery, I snapped that. To my delight, the camera snapped, and ghostly looking square popped out. (It even had a working flash!). Minutes later, I had this little beauty:


The color isn't as strong as it could be; partially because the film had been sitting in the camera for who knows how long, and partially because there is always a loss of quality with a scan.

No comments: