Sunday, July 12, 2009

B is for Bouyancy


Yesterday I embarked upon my first sailing outting of the summer. I remember when I was little and my parents planned my days; we would go sailing every nice weekend! Alas, I am now old enough to plan my own days, and don't have quite the same amount of time to spare. Or the weather for that matter.

Anywhosie, it was really hot yesterday and I was super excited as we got going, however I was more shocked than I had expected to be when I got the first blast of waves. The water temperature stood in stark contrast to the air around it. Yikes! My dad has a Hobie Cat, which is what they call a wet sail boat. It looks like the one at the top of the page, however that is not it. The color is called Tequila Sunrise. Hopefully I will have some photo opportunities next time.

The wind was strong, and my brother was on a bit of an adrenaline rush. Know how I know? Because he was shouting, "Woah! The adreniline is serging! Dude! Bob Dole! Bob Dole! Oh mylanta! The adreniline is kicking in!" The boy could do with a chill pill.

No comments: