Friday, July 24, 2009

The Course of a Life



After months and months of waiting, I finally saw (500) Days of Summer. I have been eagerly awaiting its release ever since I saw an ad for it on spring break. Spring break! That was a long time ago.


It was a very charming, unexpected movie. It is by no means your classic love story; it's quirky. But that only adds to its delightfullness. I love the way that time jumps around in no particular order, but makes perfect sense. I love the illustrations that pop in and out. I love the chemistry between Zooey and Joe. I love the outfits Zooey and Joe wear. I love Zooey and Joe in general as actors. And I love, love, love the soundtrack!


I must admit that I wasn't enthralled by the ending; it basically worked, however there were elements of it that I would have changed. And don't worry, I won't tell you what they are so as not to ruin the movie for anyone who wishes to see it. Which I strongly suggest!

No comments: