Sunday, July 12, 2009

Or Blue



Today, I went to the beach again. This time for a bit more r and r. Again, a 2009 summer first I am afraid to say. I only spent fifteen minutes in the water (about the time it took for me to fully submerge myself in the cold water). After that I took a little siesta in the warm rays. It wasn't quite as hot as yesterday, but rather lovely and warm and sun-kissed.

I am such a west coast girl at heart; I love the beach hair that the salt water gives me (if only beach body worked the same way), the sand between my toes, the sun on my back, and even the feeling of that sunscreen/ocean film that coats my body after a day at the beach. I would love to be a beach bum for a summer; get a job on the beach and spend all my free time sailing, swimming and hitting up local flea markets. If I could get a group together to do this with me and split rent, I would be such a happy camper! I don't think I would last at this for a life goal, but a summer of it sounds wonderful.

I managed to snap some shots today, however they were on the Holga, not the Polaroid, so the posting of them will have to wait until I can find the time and location to develop and print a few. I really hope that they come out; Holga's can be so unpredictable. Which is part of the charm of course.

No comments: